- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond (workplace first aid policy, prevention of disease transmission)
- Patient assessment (c-spine control and check, call, care)
- Soft tissue injuries (minor wound care, burns, back injuries, eye injuries, poisons, OS&H paperwork & MSDS)
- Airway emergencies (choking in adults)
- Breathing emergencies (assisted ventilations, artificial respirations, asthma, anaphylaxis)
- Circulation emergencies (shock, deadly bleeding, chest pain management, CPR)
- Sudden medical conditions (fainting, diabetes, seizures, strokes)
Are you interested in taking an Occupational First Aid level one (OFA-1) course?
The Red Cross Workplace Emergency First Aid course is recognized by WorkSafe BC (WCB) as equivalent to their Occupational First Aid level 1 course. If your workplace requires an Occupational First Aid level 1 attendant this course fulfills that requirement.
You can see the Workplace Emergency First Aid certificate on WorkSafe BC's approved list of courses here:
Canadian Red Cross Workplace Emergency First Aid is an 8 hour course that can be taught over 1 full day, or during 2 evening sessions. Group and private courses can be scheduled flexibly to meet the needs of the client.
CPR-A is included in this course, providing certification in CPR and basic life support skills for adults. A complete description of course content is listed to the right.
Successful completion of the Workplace Emergency First Aid course is based on 100% attendance, ongoing skills evaluation throughout the course, and a 75% or better mark on a knowledge examination.
The Workplace Emergency First Aid course costs $80 per participant, which includes all taxes and a full colour manual.
Canadian Red Cross Workplace Emergency First Aid certification is valid for 3 years, and is recognized in BC workplaces by WorkSafe BC (WCB) as equivalent to the Occupation First Aid level one (OFA 1) course.
All of our First Aid, CPR and AED courses follow the latest standards (2010 / 2011) put out by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR), the American Heart Association (AHA) and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC).
Who is our Occupational First Aid Level One (OFA-1 Equivalent) course appropriate for?
- People who are required to have Occupational First Aid level one (OFA-1) certificate by WorkSafe BC
- People applying to work for BC provincial corrections
How to register for an Occupational First Aid Course?
Our Workplace Emergency First Aid (OFA-1 equivalent) courses are available on a group course basis throughout the Greater Vancouver area (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, Cloverdale, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Richmond, North Vancouver, West Vancouver) and the Fraser Valley (Mission, Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Chilliwack).
To book a Workplace Occupational First Aid course for your organization please click the button below.